Of course your home can become a trap too. We have family and friends who built big new homes when the economy was good and now are trapped with a mortgage more than the house is worth. They cant sell, work multiple jobs and generally feel on the edge. Some have walked away, handed the keys to the bank, and reinvented themselves elsewhere.
Ironically some other friends have prospered exceedingly during the same period. One of my friends is building a cabin in the mountains. I went with him to help for a morning. The canyon was beautiful with the fall colours yellows, oranges and reds, against the ever greens. The contracting crew were hard at work, their beat box loudly pumping the sounds of……. ‘Taylor Swift’????!!!! My friend has 5 daughters so he is well acquainted with Taylor and if I am to be honest I have most of her albums, but this did take me by surprise. I guess he is fortunate that even his second home was been made with a lot of love!
| Autumn in the Mountains |
No comments:
Post a Comment