Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas & New Year

Am I a bad parent for being excited about my children going back to school?

I was pretty happy Tuesday morning, the fact I had stomach flu New Years day and hadn't eaten for 40 hours, made Monday seemed to go on forever!

It is strange not having a big school holiday this time of year, the kids got less than two weeks. But it is not weather to be outside running around the yard having a water fight. I missed our Christmas day swim in the ocean, we were a little more lethargic this year.

One great thing about a white Christmas though is "Skiing!" The boys really got into it and where up the mountain at every opportunity. In lieu of presents (which we cant take back with us anyway) we put our money and any family gifts into snow passes. Now they are hooked we either have a great incentive to get them to work or we will be extremely poor, - probably both.

With the easy access to the snow, I decided to take up boarding. With my last unsuccessful attempt still painfully fresh in my mind I tried the slopes once more. Miracle, I can board! - or at least fall with less pain.

If it wasn't for the cold, I think I would like Winter all year round.


No comments:

Post a Comment