There is a lot I still don't understand about school here, but my children have embraced it and seem to be thriving. Went to the elementary school open house last night. Very nice. All their teachers seem to be smitten by them. For the older boys it is the girls. They have had 'notes' from young women professing their adoration. We have had to have a stern talk, about the 'rules'.
I don't even have to eject them out of bed in the morning. Since they found out they can have free breakfast at school (along with lunch), they roll out of bed into their clothes and out the door all by 7.30. Sports after school and then homework with the neighbourhood kids, i might not even talk to them today. Fortunately there is a high school football tonight, we'll meet up for hot dogs.
Grandma Jenny had a dream about one of the boys being bullied and wanted me to follow up. I asked middle boy and he said 'Oh no dad, we're popular!' This is the same child who has joined band and is now learning the saxophone.
What with the school system, transporting, feeding, socializing, educating, musicing and sporting my children, they might as well be at boarding school and coming home on the weekends. Who knew we would come to America to live in the nanny state.
I think I need to get in on the action. Time to become a substitute teacher!
Cool Dad
![]() |
| The Powell Panthers win their first game of the season. |

I'm interested what your "rules" are. Another post on that maybe? Would be nice to see how someone else does it before I have to!
ReplyDeleteI hate to say I told you so, even to a bunch of young boys, but I totally told them they would be popular months before they left! *sigh* I love being right.
ReplyDeleteaside from the fact your boys are adorable, chicks dig accents ;)
ReplyDelete