Wednesday, August 17, 2011

All those Medical Dramas Come to Life

Tonight we tested the Health Care system!

Number 2 son had a spectacular crash off a neighbours bike and poured 'blood into the streets'.
We rushed him to the local hospital ER department. He is fine. Lots of dents, and a few stitches but no broken bones. It might put a slight dampener on his middle (intermediate) school football career due to start on Monday. Then again he might have some impressive scars to show off.

You have to be impressed by US Hospitals. Even in this tiny town their facilities were first class. I certainly didn't see a national crisis, and I have to admit that the environment oozed with competency. You feel very safe in there. I might not feel so wonderful when I get the bill..... and that might be the part of the crisis (national and personal) that I am missing.

Funnily enough. The attending physician had spent some time in New Zealand in 1987 working with Green-Peace and was the ship doctor on a trip to Antarctica. She arrived soon after the Rainbow Warrior bombing and helped with transporting it to its final resting place in Northland.

Its a small world people!


No comments:

Post a Comment